Jul 23, 2006, 11:41 PM EDT
It’s a sad day for mustached men everywhere: Sal Fasano, one of the few uplifting stories of this sorry Phillies season, was designated for assignment over the weekend. Despite becoming a fan favorite, the hard working journeyman catcher’s numbers just didn’t impress the decision makers to keep on 3 catchers. There isn’t much to say on the subject in my opinion. Sal was embraced for being a hard worker and a class act. I’d be surprised if he ever has to buy his own beer in Philadelphia.
So long, Sal, you will be missed.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money