Jan 16, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
It’s not everyday that news hits of the tallest building ever in your city is going to be built. That’s what happened yesterday when Comcast announced plans for the tallest building in the United States outside of New York in Chicago, which they’re calling the Comcast Innovation and Technology Center.
Other than drastically altering the skyline for those simply walking around or passing through Philadelphia, what does one of the world’s largest skyscrapers mean for the general public? Well, we know there will be a new restaurant at the very top of the tower that anyone can go to and shell out for a nice dinner or some cocktails to enjoy the probably ridiculous views of the city.
And when watching the intro video by the architects who designed the building, a scene of a large group of people watching footage of an Eagles game obviously caught my eye.
It’s not clear from the video if this will be a public space or inside one of the private offices, and our quick glance over some of the official documents didn’t reveal much, but there can never be enough spaces in Philly to watch a big game in a unique setting surrounded by hundreds or thousands of fellow diehard fans. And who knows, this could just be some fantasy rendering that never comes to fruition.
I can picture conversations from the future:
“Yeah, man. I was at Citizens Bank Park for game 6 of the 2021 World Series when Biddle threw the no-hitter, where were you?”
“I was on the 54th floor of the Comcast skyscraper watching on that giant TV. Good thing they won or I may have jumped.”
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return