Jul 26, 2006, 10:18 AM EDT
With news of Billy King telling Allen Iverson that he will be suiting up for the Sixers next year, Stephen A. Smith writes perhaps the easiest column ever to pen: "Stuck in neutral: Sixers are a hopeless mess." Smith says he thought A.I. would be "using his mercurial, tailor-made And1 repertoire for the benefit of some other NBA city." Does an NBA team really want a star with an And1 repertoire? I certainly don’t believe so. Perhaps if you are trying to sell tickets a little Hot Sauce or Skip to My Lou could help you at the gate. A.I. can certainly do more than an AO.
But behind all of his rambling, Stephen A. does actually make a point: The Sixers.. not good.
So anyway, Allen Iverson will be back for another season with the mired Philly squad. I don’t really have any strong feelings either way. Sure the Sixers are simply putting off the rebuilding process and they certainly could have received some decent parts in return for A.I., but it could certainly be fun watching A.I. for another season. That is if anyone watches.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money