Jul 26, 2006, 10:18 AM EST
With news of Billy King telling Allen Iverson that he will be suiting up for the Sixers next year, Stephen A. Smith writes perhaps the easiest column ever to pen: "Stuck in neutral: Sixers are a hopeless mess." Smith says he thought A.I. would be "using his mercurial, tailor-made And1 repertoire for the benefit of some other NBA city." Does an NBA team really want a star with an And1 repertoire? I certainly don’t believe so. Perhaps if you are trying to sell tickets a little Hot Sauce or Skip to My Lou could help you at the gate. A.I. can certainly do more than an AO.
But behind all of his rambling, Stephen A. does actually make a point: The Sixers.. not good.
So anyway, Allen Iverson will be back for another season with the mired Philly squad. I don’t really have any strong feelings either way. Sure the Sixers are simply putting off the rebuilding process and they certainly could have received some decent parts in return for A.I., but it could certainly be fun watching A.I. for another season. That is if anyone watches.
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages