Dec 11, 2005, 1:27 PM EDT
A new weekly feature every Wednesday here at The 700 Level: card of the week. This week, Steve "Lefty" Carlton.
I found this card in one of the random boxes of old cards I have. I was approximately negative 7 or 8 years old or so in 1973. I’m guessing I picked this out of one of those random cards for a quarter boxes at the old card shop. Holy Shit! A Phillies pitcher had 27 wins. I can’t even fathom that happening in this day and age.
Steve Carlton, Gaylord Perry, and Wilbur Wood after the jump. Wilbur really looks thrilled to be here.
Steve Carlton [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Gaylord Perry [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Wilbur Wood’s Rubber Arm [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return