Mar 15, 2006, 9:41 PM EDT
Rumor has it, this is the smaller of two sailfish caught on a fly rod off the coast of Costa Rica this past week. The larger one could would have likely been a world record, but there was some debate about whether to gaff the larger beast. My understanding is that the fish pictured was released and swam away to fight another day. The battle lasted approximately 3.5 hours and the fish made the boat chase it for roughly 8 miles.
All on a fly rod.
That Costa Rican looking guy to the right also happens to be my brother. I was going to join them on their trip to Costa Rica, but I though it’d be much nicer to spend the week in icy Chicago.
That’s a nice fish.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money