Jun 30, 2008, 9:47 AM EDT
After all the fun we had last week with Shawn Chacon showing Astros GM Ed Wade what the ceiling looks like, we thought we’d received our full allotment of player-on-staff violence for the month of June. Not so. The Providence Journal is reporting that Red Sox outfielder Manny Ramirez shoved the team’s traveling secretary, Jack McCormick, to the ground after a dispute over the tickets Manny had requested.
asked McCormick for 16 tickets for Saturday night’s Red Sox-Astros
game, an unusually high number for day-of-game. In addition to handling
all travel details for clubs, traveling secretaries also take player
ticket requests for both home and away games.
McCormick cautioned Ramirez that he might not be able to fulfill his
request, Ramirez responded by shouting: "Just do your job!
An argument insued [sic] and Ramirez pushed McCormick, sending him to the ground.
Apologies behind closed doors resolved the situation—more proof that talent wins out in most player-team issues. Chacon, who was a disappointment on a disappointing Astros team, gets provoked into a skirmish with his GM, and he’s gone. Manny abuses the help, and it’s water under the bridge. And I say, Rightfully so, America.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return