Mar 15, 2006, 1:08 PM EDT
Thursday is the start of the big dance, March Madness, tournament time. Last year I spent the opening weekend of March Madness in the great city of Las Vegas, Nevada and watched as my buddy Bryan, after playing poker for 14 straight hours, laid $1,000 dollars on Gonzaga because it was the first game of the day and his quickest chance to win some money back. Gonzaga lost and Bryan wasn’t happy. Yesterday, Bryan emailed me saying we should go to Minneapolis to watch the Sweet 16 and the Elite 8. I told him I’d have to check with some things and get back to him. A few hours later, we had flights booked, hotels booked, and tickets to the game. We’re dancing.
The ideal situation would be a match up of my alma mater, Boston College, and the team from Philadelphia, Villanova, in the sweet 16. Because my trip has no cancellation insurance I’m completely expecting a Monmouth vs. Montana matchup.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money