Jul 9, 2006, 10:34 PM EDT
Those Italians sure know how to party. As I mentioned at the start of the World Cup, I’m no Soccer expert but the finale of this year’s world spectacle proved to be as entertaining as one could hope for. Sure, watching the champions of the world being crowned based on penalty kicks seems a bit of a coin flip, but it is nail biting entertainment at it’s finest. Zidane didn’t go out as a mythical legend but rather a ostensible classless loser. It’s been said that Zidane has a past which includes racial issues, so I wouldn’t be surprised if his outburst was spurred by something of this unfortunate sort.
Congratulations to Italia, World Champions.
I’d settle for just a little party on Broad Street.
Pictures from Yahoo.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money