Feb 22, 2010, 4:24 PM EDT
On your left is a fresh faced Jayson Werth back when he was first drafted by the Baltimore Orioles and on your right is Werth this morning in Clearwater fresh off a two month vacation on a deserted island.
Todd Zolecki finally got Mr. Werth to answer a few questions about the growth in his game.
Q: You want to steal more bases. Speed is a big part of your game. Do you worry the hair peace is going to slow you down?
A: I'm not wearing a hair piece.
Q: No, the beard.
A: No, I'm not worried about it.
Q: Will you taper down for the season?
A: I'm not sure.
Q: It's attractive.
A: Thank you.
The jury is still out on that last statement. Some ladies are smitten with J-Werth's new look while others wonder why such an attractive young fellow would go out and do something like that?
Obviously, the entire male population of Philadelphia agrees the beard will increase Werth's Raw Power to previously unseen levels.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money