Feb 5, 2010, 1:24 AM EDT
Larry Brown was sitting on the bench looking dejected as if he had no idea what to tell his team to make them play better. It was a sight we were all too familiar with at the Center in South Philly for years. This time, it was because his old Sixers were beating up on his current Charlotte Bobcats, thanks largely in part to Jodie Meeks who simply went off in the first quarter, making six straight three pointers while tying Allen Iverson's arena record for most points in the first at 20. [video below]
Meeks cooled off a bit after his torrid start, finishing the night with a career high 26 points on 7 of 10 from beyond the arc. Meeks alone tonight had more three pointers than the Sixers entire team had in over seventy-percent of their games last season. Not bad for a player who didn't even see minutes when the season began.
After Friday night's brutal loss, the Sixers should enjoy this one. And don't be surprised if you see Jodie Meeks seeing some of those other guys' minutes in the near future.
Also noteworthy in the highlights below are a pair of Andre Iguodala plays. One being a sweet behind-the-back pass on the break leading to a dunk, and the other being a complete posterization of Gerald Wallace. Iguodala finished the night with a well balanced 15-7-5 while Thad, Jrue, and EB all put in over 15 points on the night. A solid, all around win.
Jodie Meeks talking about his big night:
|2sentz on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return