Mar 18, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
We weren't surprised by the negative tone taken on Shawn Andrews, but it's pretty sad that people don't respect the fact that he has an illness. Just remember, you're not only being insensitive to a football player, but anybody who has or is close to somebody with clinical depression. It's hard for us to understand how a person making millions for playing a game could be unhappy while many our battling their own problems, but it's a reality. And if you think he was faking, I have to ask why? It would be a most unnecessary and elaborate scheme, because if he wanted to quit, that's all he had to do.
Not to mention it was his back that has kept him off the field the last two seasons.
7. Looks almost certain Mike Bell will be allowed to sign with the Eagles. The Saints brought in Justin Fargas for a visit. [WWLTV]
6. Joe Montana claims Brett Favre doesn't plan to retire, but instead wants to use the possibility as an excuse to skip training camp. He's probably right. On one hand, it's hard to respect that, but when you watch what he does on the football field, who cares? [PFT]
5. Dan Levy asks where Nationals prospect Stephen Strasburg will start the season. If they have any shot at fielding a good team, fine if they move him to the bigs. Otherwise, there's no reason to rush him (except for money of course). [The Sporting Blog]
4. Tim Panaccio says Brian Boucher is ready to take advantage of his opportunity to play. I say when is Michael Leighton coming back? [CSN]
3. Cornell falls in at number three on a list of double-digit seeded teams who could create an upset in the Tournament. Several people are predicting they could cause trouble for Temple. [The Sporting News]
2. Ashley Fox determines Andrews simply wasn't worth the trouble to the Birds. I'm sure that's how they felt about it, but it's not as if they don't have a need for Pro Bowl linemen. [Inquirer]
1. The Phillies will cap the number of season ticket plans they sell at 28,750, which is nice because it's already becoming an impossible ticket to get. But as of this writing, they are already at 28,500, so you better act fas… too late. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
COMMENT OF THE DAY
Woah woah woah… We got my boy Darryl Tapp? When did this happen?
Nice! Got to watch him when he was at Virginia Tech and let me tell you, he can play very well. He was a blitzer in college, and that should carry over to the pros. Good, solid pickup. He was a gamechanger for the Hokies. Don't think he'll be that way for the Eagles, but its a definite improvement. Under the radar, very solid trade. He'll be with the Birds for the long-haul.
Deadspin is reporting chair shots to the head have been banned by the WWE. This is an OUTRAGE!
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return