Apr 15, 2006, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers are currently up 4-1 going into the third against the Rangers, looking to gain some momentum heading into the playoffs.
That brings me to the question of the new song titled The Orange and the Black by the band The Boils. According to Punknews.org:
The song "The Orange & The Black" by Philadelphia’s the Boils has apparently become a recognized anthem of sorts for the band’s local NHL franchise the Philadelphia Flyers.
Frontman Greg Boil reportedly announced this morning on a local radio
station that the song will be played after every Flyers win for the
rest of the season and playoffs. Head to the band’s MySpace page for picture from a recent game in which the song lyrics appeared on the Wachovia Center scoreboard.
|TartanSixNine on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|FlyersFan on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money