Mar 6, 2009, 11:55 AM EDT
Phish will play their first show in Hampton, Virginia, this evening since their farewell bash in August of 2004. The New York Times reports that the band appears to be in top form and looking to help people get in a groove in these tough economic times, "For people in hard times, we can play long shows of pure physical
pleasure. They come to dance and forget their troubles. It’s
like a service commitment."
Another group they're helping are the Peninsula Pirates, a team of little league baseball players from nearby the Hampton Coliseum. Apparently the families of the future Chase Utleys came up with tee shirts to sell that will help them raise money for a team trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.
The shirts use the band's name on them, "Phish Hampton Reunion March 6-8" along with the Coliseum's nickname, the "Mothership." As you may have heard, the band is cracking down on unlicensed merchandise bearing the band's trademarks which these shirts most certainly are.
Upon hearing about the crackdown, the team was devastated knowing that little Jimmy wouldn't be able to raise the money for the trip. That was until Wednesday when Phish management reached out to the team and gave them the okay to sell the shirts.
And they all lived happily ever after.
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return