Sep 30, 2005, 6:57 AM EDT
Tuesday night’s Phillies game put an ache in the heart of Phillies fans but that wasn’t the end of the heart burn. Over the past two seasons I have seen roughly 35-40 games in the friendly confines of Citizens Bank Ball Park, but Tuesday night was the first time I tried the famous Schmitter. Why have I not tried the Schmitter previously you might be wondering? I love myself a nice hot dog while watching the Phils in the summer.
I can now safely say I’ve had almost all of the different possible specialty foods at CBP: a Geno’s steak whiz wit, Tony Luke’s roast pork, the giant turkey leg from Bull’s BBQ, the ribs, the pulled pork sandwich, cheesesteak nachos in McFaddens (which I think they may have done away with), crab fries from Chickie and Pete’s, wings in Harry the K’s, funnel cake with fruit on it, Italian hoagie from the Hoagie place next to Geno’s, peanuts, ice cream in a helmet, water ice on a hot day.. I think it is safe to say I’ve tried them all.
You may also be wondering what exactly is on a Shmitter. It is basically a fancy variation on a cheesesteak. They use 3 pieces of cheese separating some fried salami, steak, tomatoes, and a special sauce. A pretty tasty sandwich. What are your favorite CBP concessions?
Oh, and beer, lots and lots of cold beers. Rinsin’ em.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money