Jan 4, 2005, 5:36 PM EDT
T.O. started his weekly radio show today by saying he wanted to be referred to as Javier because he is in the witness protection program. Let’s recap:
1.) Terrell Owens was on ESPN last night (video available at ESPN Motion), pissed at the Eagles for not recognizing his 100th career touchdown. Says Eagles claim to be a classy organization.
2.) ESPN-nobody-analyst asks T.O. his thought on Michael Irvin’s feelings that the Eagles would be 8-0 if Brett Favre was the Eagles QB.
3.) T.O. agrees with that assessment. Notes that "A number of commentators will say he’s(Favre) a warrior,
he’s played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about
the quarterback position, I feel like we’d probably be in a better
So basically he has no respect for McNabb, feels Donovan is not a warrior and is not knowledgeable about the quarterback position??!?
4.) T.O. issues apology which Andy Reid forced him to do. Rumor has it Terrell’s people came up with a written apology. Terrell read parts of this apology to the media, but didn’t read the part which apologized to McNabb specifically.
"I’ve had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have
learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements,"
Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my
attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates.
Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward
Hollis Thomas‘ take: "If i was Don, I’d probably want to sock him in his chops."
BDawk suposedly confronted T.O. in the locker room, T.O. showed him a transcript of the interview (in which T.O. was apparently taken out of context), and all was smoothed over.
Andy Reid was asked "Would you suspend T.O.?" Andy’s response, "We’ll see how things go. Right now that’s between me and T.O."
Also of note as reported on Daily News Live is the fact that the Eagles recognized Andy Reid’s achievement of becoming the winningest coach in Eagles history last year.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the end of the line for Mr. Owens in an Eagles uniform. He could get suspended for a few games or could get the Keyshawn treatment. I’m not entertained anymore by all of T.O.’s B.S.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return