Feb 17, 2009, 3:38 PM EDT
Over the next few days, we'll be posting some gift ideas for the Philly sports fans on your lists. Your shopping time is officially running out, and by now you could be in full-on panic mode. We're here to help.
Here in Philadelphia, we're really not that good at saying goodbye unless we're the ones who want a player or coach to leave town. Then we're freakin famous at it. But when a player leaves and we're not ready for it, we tend to react pretty sensitively. Just look at the whole Cliff Lee/Kyle Drabek thing going on right now. One guy was here less than a season, and most of us have never seen the other one throw a pitch.
Then there's Brian Dawkins.
When your team is the first franchise to sign Michael Vick off of the Leavenworth practice squad, and that's not the least popular move of its offseason, you know the impact of B-Dawk in this town is for real. We've spent a lot of time and posts on how much we all love the emotional safety that anchored the Eagles' D for so long, so we don't need to bring all that up again. But if someone on your gift list was a huge Dawkins fan, then why not get him some tickets to the Birds' 12/27 matchup against the Broncos? You know the crowd will give him the respect he deserves, and even though he's on the other side, it'll be great to have him back on the Linc field.
Tickets are pretty steep at StubHub, and it's not likely they'll go down much as the Eagles march toward a division title, but it should be a hell of a game. One word of caution—the SH listing still says the game is at 1PM, but it's been moved to 4:15.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money