May 1, 2007, 12:46 AM EDT
Once every couple decades there are events that bring the world together and we like to report on these events every couple of months. Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, the Beatles came to America, Bob Dylan plugged in at Newport, Michael Jackson gave us Black or White, Stallone gave the world Rocky V.
Today, the Sal’s Pals phenomenon has reached the Great White North. Our cold, hockey-watching neighbors have shown us love today.
I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be just another gloomy Tuesday, then I found this email in my inbox.
Just wanted to send my regards and let you know that the dream that is "Sal’s Pals" lives on in Toronto. Our numbers are growing faster than the "fu" itself and we are ready to cheer on our hero. In fact, we were there on Saturday for Sal’s historic first appearance with the Blue Jays and he was great! He didn’t hit a home run (all he ever did in Syracuse) but he did take one for the team and
eventually score (how utterly Sal of him).
I’ve sent along some shots.
Thanks very much,
Sal’s Pals Canada
They are certainly not up to the caliber of the original Sal’s Pals, but a torch has been passed. It’s a great day. The five o’clock shaddow on my face came in at about 9:00 am this morning and I’ll be damned if the sun is not shining a bit brighter on the world.
A few more shots of Sal’s Pals: Canadian Chapter after the jump.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return