Aug 10, 2005, 11:13 PM EST
I finally figured out how to get MLB.tv to work. You know what I did different from yesterday’s attempt? Nothing. Go Figure.
The Fightin’s are currently toed 3-3 in the 4th. The big news however in Phillie land is Jim Thome announcing he will not return to the Phils this season: ESPN:
Phillies announced Wednesday that the slugger will miss the rest of
Dr. James Andrews will perform the operation in Birmingham,
Ala., next Tuesday to repair a frayed tendon.
Thome, who turns 35 on Aug. 17, has 430 homers since making his
major-league debut in 1991.
He is due about $12.5 million in 2006 and $14 million in each of
the final two seasons of his six-year contract. The Phillies have a
club option for 2009, and he has a no-trade clause.
What do you think the odds are of picking up the club option for 2009? The news of the surgery isn’t really surprising, nor does it really impact my feelings on the Phils down the wire. Thome was having a horrid season, and I don’t think anyone was expecting much out of him even if he did return. So us Phillies fans will get a chance to see a little more of Ryan Howard. Let’s see what you got Mr. Howard.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return