Feb 22, 2006, 8:25 AM EDT
I usually love a good trade rumor, but, quite frankly, I’m tired of them. I’d rather just dwell on the fact that Billy King is inept. The latest out on the rumor mill had Billy seriously thinking about a deal that would have sent Iverson to Denver:
I wrote Friday in our blog from All-Star Weekend that the Sixers, if not actively shopping Allen Iverson, were indeed exploring their Iverson options before the deadline.
Bucher took it a (big) step further on Tuesday night’s NBA Coast to
Coast on ESPN2 when he reported that the Nuggets tried to acquire
Iverson with a package built around Nene and Watson (and presumably
including draft picks as well). The Sixers briefly considered it, Buch
says, before declining.
I’m not sure how Philly would have reacted to that one. I mean, can’t we get Kevin Garnet, LeBron James, and 4 first rounders for the aging Iverson?
In Phillies non-trade news, Bobby Abreu, typical to his non-emotive self, isn’t bothered by trade talks.
"It was a rumor and I think it was untrue," Abreu said Tuesday after
the Phillies held their first full-team workout. "I was in Venezuela
resting. I heard things. I don’t know where they came from."
Hey Bob, they were true buddy. According to Jayson Stark the Phillies wanted to deal Abreu even more than we thought:
But unless a whole lot of other clubs are lying, Abreu’s team (the
Phillies) tried even harder to trade him than the Red Sox tried to
trade Manny. And unless Abreu’s friends are lying, the reigning Home
Run Derby champ was a lot more steamed about it than he claimed he was
after checking into the Phillies’ spring-training camp Tuesday.
So lots of talk and no action, awesome. While we are on the subject, maybe we can trade McNabb to Minnesota and get Daunte Culpepper. That was a brilliant move thought up by the moron on the morning show.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money