Aug 20, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Tyson Gillies, one of the key pieces to Ruben Amaro’s cupboard-stocking trade that sent Cliff Lee to Seattle, was busted over the weekend on felony drug possession charges. An unfortunate event for any member of a baseball organization, for sure, but the details are the real kicker.
After a night out on the town down in Florida at local establishment Freaki Tiki, Florida’s “hospitality hangout,” Tyson was on the side of the road waiving something or other.
Cue the Inquirer’s Matt Gelb:
The officer asked Gillies if he had enough money for a taxi to take him
back to the hotel. He did not, so the officer offered a courtesy ride
After the officer dropped Gillies off at the La Quinta, where he was
also staying in June, he noticed a bag of white powder on the back-seat
floor of the police cruiser. The officer stopped Gillies, took down his
information and told him the bag would be sent to a lab for testing and
he could be charged in the future.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return