Jul 24, 2008, 4:10 PM EDT
When it was first reported that Jimmy Rollins was a scratch just before today’s big game with the Mets, fans started the guessing game. Was he hurt? Was he going to be traded? What was the deal?
As it turns out, he reportedly broke one of Charlie Manuel’s two golden rules. Earlier in the season, he broke the hustle rule and today he showed up an hour before game time.
You can’t be late, Jimmy. It’s especially disheartening when today was such a pivotal game.
Update: TZ has a Q&A with Jimmy:
Q: Did you understand?
we’re not going to agree on this one. I agreed with him last time, but
we’re not going to agree on this one. I think he understood that, and I
understood it. But he’s the manager. He has to set a precedent for
certain players and you’re expected and held up to those rules, and
Q: If you don’t agree, can you get past it?
A: Am I going to let it bother me? No, it’s already done. Me and Charlie spoke about it. It’s done.
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money