Jul 24, 2008, 4:10 PM EST
When it was first reported that Jimmy Rollins was a scratch just before today’s big game with the Mets, fans started the guessing game. Was he hurt? Was he going to be traded? What was the deal?
As it turns out, he reportedly broke one of Charlie Manuel’s two golden rules. Earlier in the season, he broke the hustle rule and today he showed up an hour before game time.
You can’t be late, Jimmy. It’s especially disheartening when today was such a pivotal game.
Update: TZ has a Q&A with Jimmy:
Q: Did you understand?
we’re not going to agree on this one. I agreed with him last time, but
we’re not going to agree on this one. I think he understood that, and I
understood it. But he’s the manager. He has to set a precedent for
certain players and you’re expected and held up to those rules, and
Q: If you don’t agree, can you get past it?
A: Am I going to let it bother me? No, it’s already done. Me and Charlie spoke about it. It’s done.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages