Dec 3, 2006, 12:20 PM EDT
We know how important Sarge’s Chrysler Jeep Eagle Saturn Lexus Not-At-All Obvious Keys to the Game are to all of you, so we’ve decided to come up with a few of our own to sate you early this afternoon. Feel free to chime in with your own.
•Get to Francis early (Sarge loves this one for its creativity). Their bullpen got used and abused in the play-in game, and it’d be great to get them involved early in Game 1.
•Run. Yorvit Torrealba has a girl’s arm, and the Phils have been a terror on the basepaths against poor-throwing catchers (Lo Duca!).
Unfortunately, it’s also not too hard to steal on Chris Coste, who will catch for the ailing Carlos Ruiz today. Ruiz is starting! At least we have the faster team, and I bet we see Charlie try to mix in some "manufactured runs" today.
•Cole’s change-up. If it’s on, and the 3:00 shadows are out, the Rockies don’t have a chance.
•The Phrenzy. A playoff atmosphere of starving fans on a warm day? It’s going to be intense down there, defining the home-field advantage. The Phillies will win this game.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money