Feb 17, 2014, 11:26 AM EST
I’m not sure what Connor Murphy said or did to provoke this fight, but whatever it was sent three Adirondack Phantoms in a mad dash to jump the Portland Pirates’ defenseman. Next thing you know, a full line brawl breaks out on the ice.
Portland may have won the game 2-0, but the Phantoms won the war.
Once he makes it out of the pile, Murphy is going to get absolutely tagged by Tye McGinn, one of the handful of recognizable names from the Flyers’ minor-league affiliate involved the scrum. Kris Newbury—who once felt McGinn’s wrath while playing for the New York Rangers—lays out some other poor soul. Brandon Manning throws a few punches before his opponent loses interest.
Goaltender Cal Heeter had gone to the bench for an extra attacker, but he jumped back on to the ice twice to get involved. They’re calling it the first goalie fight in Phantoms history.
In all, the two teams combined for 299 penalty minutes for the game. Adirondack charged with 179 of those.
Very entertaining stuff. Can’t wait until the Phantoms move a little closer to home. They’re slated to open a new arena in the Lehigh Valley next season.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return