May 12, 2008, 5:04 AM EDT
Things started off pretty awful for the Flyers last night when Braydon Coburn was hit with a rocketed puck to the face. It’s never a good sign when they have to bring the shovel out to remove all of the blood from the ice. Coburn was taken out of the game and never returned.
Video of the puck to the face:
With the loss of Coburn moments into game two, the Flyers found themselves fighting an uphill battle against the Pens potent offense. Despite not having their two best defensemen on the ice, the Flyers fought to keep the game close. Mike Richards short handed goal to end the second period was a huge boost the our battered psyches. But a poor clearing attempt by Stevie Downie proved fatal and the Flyers find themselves in a rather big hole.
Barry Melrose actually thought the Flyers deserved better as seen in the video below.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money