May 12, 2008, 5:04 AM EDT
Things started off pretty awful for the Flyers last night when Braydon Coburn was hit with a rocketed puck to the face. It’s never a good sign when they have to bring the shovel out to remove all of the blood from the ice. Coburn was taken out of the game and never returned.
Video of the puck to the face:
With the loss of Coburn moments into game two, the Flyers found themselves fighting an uphill battle against the Pens potent offense. Despite not having their two best defensemen on the ice, the Flyers fought to keep the game close. Mike Richards short handed goal to end the second period was a huge boost the our battered psyches. But a poor clearing attempt by Stevie Downie proved fatal and the Flyers find themselves in a rather big hole.
Barry Melrose actually thought the Flyers deserved better as seen in the video below.
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money