Jun 5, 2008, 8:56 AM EDT
Donovan McNabb was down at the ball park yesterday taking BP with the Phils and showed he’s got the skills to go deep. The Eagles QB didn’t take any pitches yard in the air but he did smack a ball that one hopped the left field wall.
"In Little League, that’s gone, and in some softball leagues, that’s gone, too," McNabb said.
Always the jokester, DMac looked like a kid in a candy store when he got to meet one of his favorite athletes, Ken Griffey Jr. The Kid and Five exchanged jerseys and the Pro Bowl QB was clearly starstruck by future Hall of Fame outfielder. Video clip of the event below.
Donovan McNabb, Chase Utley, and Ken Griffey Jr. Now that is the triumvirate of this bloggers’ mancrushes. Why couldn’t they fly in Barry Sanders for the day?
Big ups to Meech for the tip.
>>McNabb Connects at Phillies BP [MLB]
|BenE. on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|letsgoFlyers on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|Matt Nowak on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|Marvin Monroe on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money