Jun 10, 2010, 1:41 AM EDT
Sitting on pretty much the complete opposite side of the Wachovia Center, I didn't have any view at all of the game winner off the stick of Patrick Kane. I was totally confused, to be honest. One moment Kane is skating behind the net and the next I see gloves flying in the air. For a split second I thought "why in the hell would there be a fight in overtime of a Stanley Cup Final?" Then I quickly realized the gloves were not flying due to fisticuffs — typically the only time you see gloves fly — but rather the Chicago Blackhawks celebrating in elation. A truly bizarre way to go out.
I didn't get a chance to see the actual replay until a few hours after the champagne started to freeze into the ice at the Wach. Prior to having seen it, I didn't entirely understand all of the Leighton bashing comments pouring in, but after seeing it… man, pretty weak way to go out.
Game. And season. Over. [video below]
Photo by Al Bello / Getty Images
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money