Aug 21, 2006, 12:14 AM EST
For those of you who don’t remember the late ’70s or simply weren’t even born yet like me, the Inquirer has a piece looking at Papale’s story. They go as far as to call Papale a "Real Life Rocky." The Inqy gets a bit sappy over Papale’s story. While Vince’s story is a great one, I haven’t seen the part of the trailer where he knocks down Apollo Creed or even sprinted up the Art Museum steps for that matter. I’m not about to put Papale’s Invincible in the same category as Stallone’s Rocky just yet but the Inquirer does a great job setting up the background to the bartender turned typing teacher turned NFL walk on.
Eventually, Papale found the right door. It opened on a new life. The
hard-nosed, blue-collar kid from Delaware County proved he wasn’t "just
another bum from the neighborhood."
That’s right Vince, you’re no perpetual loser! You’re smart, not like everybody says.
-Vince Papale: A Real Life Rocky [Inquirer]
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return