Aug 21, 2006, 12:14 AM EDT
For those of you who don’t remember the late ’70s or simply weren’t even born yet like me, the Inquirer has a piece looking at Papale’s story. They go as far as to call Papale a "Real Life Rocky." The Inqy gets a bit sappy over Papale’s story. While Vince’s story is a great one, I haven’t seen the part of the trailer where he knocks down Apollo Creed or even sprinted up the Art Museum steps for that matter. I’m not about to put Papale’s Invincible in the same category as Stallone’s Rocky just yet but the Inquirer does a great job setting up the background to the bartender turned typing teacher turned NFL walk on.
Eventually, Papale found the right door. It opened on a new life. The
hard-nosed, blue-collar kid from Delaware County proved he wasn’t "just
another bum from the neighborhood."
That’s right Vince, you’re no perpetual loser! You’re smart, not like everybody says.
-Vince Papale: A Real Life Rocky [Inquirer]
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money