Sep 10, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Yahoo!'s Dave Brown caught up with the great Canadian outfielder for the San Diego Padres and WFC Matt Stairs to talk beer, food, names that are also inanimate objects, and all sorts of goofy stuff. Stairs enjoys a good Maritime Beer and some pizza. Sounds like our kind of guy. So how'd he lose all of that weight and get down to 200 (!) lbs?
DB: Is this because of the Nutrisystem cult? Is the major league lifestyle — the travel, the limited food choices late at night — conducive to eating healthy?
Matt Stairs: I have to take [the Nutrisystem food] with me.
DB: Is Charlie Manuel your sponsor?
MS: He got me on it, yeah [laughs]. I wouldn't say he's my sponsor. *They're* my sponsor [pulls open drawer filled with Nutrisystem food].
Stairsy claims the chicken and penne pasta is delicious, but we're skeptical.
The whole Q&A with the Answer Man is off the wall and worth checking out if for nothing more than to learn how Stairs got his new nickname in San Diego.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money