Sep 10, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Yahoo!'s Dave Brown caught up with the great Canadian outfielder for the San Diego Padres and WFC Matt Stairs to talk beer, food, names that are also inanimate objects, and all sorts of goofy stuff. Stairs enjoys a good Maritime Beer and some pizza. Sounds like our kind of guy. So how'd he lose all of that weight and get down to 200 (!) lbs?
DB: Is this because of the Nutrisystem cult? Is the major league lifestyle — the travel, the limited food choices late at night — conducive to eating healthy?
Matt Stairs: I have to take [the Nutrisystem food] with me.
DB: Is Charlie Manuel your sponsor?
MS: He got me on it, yeah [laughs]. I wouldn't say he's my sponsor. *They're* my sponsor [pulls open drawer filled with Nutrisystem food].
Stairsy claims the chicken and penne pasta is delicious, but we're skeptical.
The whole Q&A with the Answer Man is off the wall and worth checking out if for nothing more than to learn how Stairs got his new nickname in San Diego.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return