Aug 18, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we checked in on The700Level favorite Sal Fasano, so we were pleased to stumble across this piece about Sal managing the Lansing Lugnuts, a low Class-A team in the Toronto Blue Jays organization.
Not surprisingly, Sal is looked upon quite fondly by his young players who aspire to play in the Bigs someday just like their skipper once did. The article starts off by updating us on the medical issues his son Santo was facing and notes that the little guy is doing just fine. “You can’t even tell [he had the surgery],” Fasano said with a smile. “He’s a pistol.”
Just like his dad.
Perhaps my favorite anecdote from the story: One of Sal’s boys is named Enzo. That’s badass.
>>Schooling prospects in baseball, life [National Post]
>>Sal Fasano Archives [The700Level]
Just look at how great those locks were:
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money