Aug 18, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we checked in on The700Level favorite Sal Fasano, so we were pleased to stumble across this piece about Sal managing the Lansing Lugnuts, a low Class-A team in the Toronto Blue Jays organization.
Not surprisingly, Sal is looked upon quite fondly by his young players who aspire to play in the Bigs someday just like their skipper once did. The article starts off by updating us on the medical issues his son Santo was facing and notes that the little guy is doing just fine. “You can’t even tell [he had the surgery],” Fasano said with a smile. “He’s a pistol.”
Just like his dad.
Perhaps my favorite anecdote from the story: One of Sal’s boys is named Enzo. That’s badass.
>>Schooling prospects in baseball, life [National Post]
>>Sal Fasano Archives [The700Level]
Just look at how great those locks were:
|FlyersFan on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|holyhumpinhanna on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|mehhhhh1 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|chutley on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money