May 30, 2006, 4:35 PM EDT
Insert joke about Pat Croce righting the Sixers ship back in the late ’90s here. CNN has an article today taking a look at Croce’s Pirate museum and restaurant ventures in Key West. Some people in Philly thought Croce was a little too energetic and came off as fake at times, but after listening to him give a speech at my high school, I always found his story to be interesting. And the guy likes the Sixers, Pirates, and motorcycles.
For years, the 51-year-old Croce hid the loot in his home. Last year, however, he began sharing the booty with the public, opening a $10 million museum called Pirate Soul in downtown Key West. In February, Croce opened a pirate-themed restaurant called Pat Croce’s Rum Barrel, next to the museum.
The two ventures are only some of the latest for Croce, a physical therapist who made his fortune with a string of sports medicine clinics. Once employed by the 76ers as a conditioning coach, he eventually became the franchise’s president and saw it climb from last place to first in the NBA’s Eastern Conference, reaching the finals in 2001. Since leaving the team, Croce has been a martial arts commentator for the Summer Olympic games, hosted a TV show and become a motivational speaker and author.
-Key West pirate museum a treasure trove [CNN Travel]
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return