May 16, 2005, 1:54 PM EDT
Who knows if there is any truth to these reports, but there is always room in Philadelphia for some Allen Iverson bashing. One of Chris Webber’s cronies apparently voiced the notion that CWebb says he can’t play with A.I. I don’t have many comments on this one, I mean, who could play with Iverson? The only problem with this is Webber’s boy actually going to the media. meh.
The New York Daily News reported that after the Sixers’ first-round loss in the playoffs, Webber told a close friend that he didn’t exactly enjoy being on the court with Iverson.
"I can’t play with him," Webber was quoted as telling an old friend. "He dribbles too much."
Furthermore, Webber apparently isn’t sold on the idea that he and Iverson can gel any better next season.
Apparently, Webber was warned by former Sixers forward Glenn Ribinson that it would be difficult to play with the five-time All-Star. Webber said that Robinson told him, "You won’t able to play with him."
Now, after having played 21 games with the Sixers, Webber seems to agree.
"I’d take a pay cut to get out of there," Webber reportedly told his friend.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money