Jun 9, 2009, 11:48 PM EDT
While the Flyers haven't officially said what Wednesday's "major announcement" at 11:00 am will be about, general manager Paul Holmgren was spotted at Philadelphia International Airport this evening picking up net minder Ray Emery. The deal can't be inked until the July 1st free agent period begins, but most reports are pointing to a one-year, $1.5 million deal.
The looming announcement of Emery seems to be polarizing the loyal Flyers fan base. If he can play at Marty Biron levels at a steep discount, it could allow the team to add some punch elsewhere.
Screen cap from MyPhl17 late Tuesday night.
|holyhumpinhanna on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|mehhhhh1 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|chutley on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money