Jun 9, 2009, 11:48 PM EDT
While the Flyers haven't officially said what Wednesday's "major announcement" at 11:00 am will be about, general manager Paul Holmgren was spotted at Philadelphia International Airport this evening picking up net minder Ray Emery. The deal can't be inked until the July 1st free agent period begins, but most reports are pointing to a one-year, $1.5 million deal.
The looming announcement of Emery seems to be polarizing the loyal Flyers fan base. If he can play at Marty Biron levels at a steep discount, it could allow the team to add some punch elsewhere.
Screen cap from MyPhl17 late Tuesday night.
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return