Jun 1, 2005, 1:15 PM EDT
Good news for Bird fans. Brian Westbrook has signed the tender offer from the Eagles worth approximately 1.4 million for this coming season.
Unlike Terrell Owens, Westbrook has never threatened to sit out of training camp if a long term deal was not reached. The Eagles didn’t ink BWest to a long term deal, but sured up their backfield for the coming season.
Westbrook is the teams most versatile offensive weapon and a vital part of their offense. His signing today is great news. It’s nice to see a player refrain from bitching about being underpaid, which 1.4 million may be for a player of BWest’s caliber, and accept his money and report to camp to help out the team. BWest is a like-able guy, and I would love to see him get a long term deal here, but I am not going to question A.R. and Joe Banner on their personel moves if they get us back to the Superbowl.
|Steve on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Jeff on Could LeBron James be playing…|
|Rich Milkman on Remember This Guy: Chad O…|
|Jeff on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return