Feb 15, 2012, 2:37 AM EDT
Tuesday night was one of those rare occurrences lately when both the Flyers and Sixers had the night off. There were no live sports to watch in the Philly sports scene but there was that dog show which so many people seem to get caught up in every year.
It’s one of those things we can absolutely say we have no idea why people are into it. None. I mean, look at that thing that won.
smushed-in face frames a mop of flyaway fur and whose pace rivals a
snail’s, is the fairest dog in the land.
The Peke put on a peak performance Tuesday night, wobbling off with best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
That thing looks like the kind of dog you’d watch for your ex-wife when she and her boyfriend go to Hawaii. You certainly don’t take it bowling or buy it a fucking beer.
My favorite fact from the AP story: this was that dog’s 115th best in show victory. Basically, he never gets to scrounge through the trash or chase squirrels because all he does is compete in dog shows. Poor guy.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money