Mar 31, 2006, 12:08 PM EDT
The NFL is cracking down on having fun. Why? It doesn’t make any sense at all to me. If you think of exciting players in the NFL who do you think of? Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson have to be at the very top of your list. They add flavor to the game.
I don’t even know what to say, it is baffling really. Donovan is pissed too:
"Well, I didn’t hear that my Michael Jackson (moonwalk dance) was banned from the excitement, but I think the rule somewhat takes away from the game of football," said McNabb. "They already banished (a player) taking the helmet off, they’ve kind of eliminated the awareness of cancer (yellow) bands and the ‘What would Jesus do?’ bands, they’ve also kind of cracked down on some of the things that you can wear out on the field and now we can’t celebrate.
"I think the game is somewhat moving into the ‘boring’ category. It’s unfair, because that’s what some people look forward to. It’s unfair."
As a series of plays from the 2005season flashed on the screen at the NFL meetings, people began to yawn. Examples of "down by contact" or minor movement that led to illegal procedure calls just weren’t attention grabbers.
They woke up quickly when a tape came up showing Cincinnati’s Chad Johnson catching a touchdown pass from Carson Palmer, then picking up a pylon and putting the football from the back line of the end zone.
"He has a better stroke than I have," said supervisor of officials Mike Pereira, who was overseeing the video session.
Entertaining as Johnson’s putt looked, it won’t happen again — at least not without repercussions.
This eliminates the chance we will ever see T.O. doing situps at the Linc. Sad, really.
- McNabb: I’m Still Dancing [Eagles]
- Why Do We Consider the NFL Fun Again? [Deadspin]
- NFL: Football is NOT Entertainment [NFL.com]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money