Sep 7, 2005, 1:39 PM EDT
Terrell Owens is auctioning off his NFC Championship ring to help Katrina victims. He must not care about the NFCC ring because he knows this years Super Bowl ring will be much nicer. From Terrell Owens.com:
To My Fellow Americans and Fans around the Nation,
I am sure you share my horror and disbelief over the devastation along the Gulf Coast in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine the things I see on television as I watch the coverage of the destruction, the floods and the plight of the hurricane victims.
With the help of NFL Auctions, I am auctioning off my 2004 Philadelphia Eagles NFC Championship ring, in order to raise money for hurricane relief. My hope is that one of you with a generous heart and hopefully a big pocketbook will see this as an opportunity to do your part to help those that have lost everything.
I urge each one of you to place a bid, as much as you can afford for this worthwhile cause. All proceeds from the auction will go directly to hurricane relief. If you don’t win this auction I ask you to consider donating the value you were willing to bid directly to the relief effort. Although you didn’t win my ring, I believe you will find your generosity just as rewarding.
To my NFL teammates I urge each one of you to do what you can for the victims, be it an auction or monetary donation. Many of us are from the affected states and together we can make a difference.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money