WORST TO FIRST, EAGLES ARE NFC EAST CHAMPIONS

Dec 29, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT

source:

It was no cake walk, but the Philadelphia Eagles took care of business in Dallas, defeating the rival Cowboys 24-22 to win the NFC East crown and a spot in the postseason. One year after posting a 4-12 record under Andy Reid, the Birds are 10-6 in Chip Kelly’s first season on the sideline. They will meet the New Orleans Saints Saturday night at Lincoln Financial Field.

Much more to come!

1. will - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM

i need a gif of jerry jones wth that punk kid ripping his shirt off in the background after the boykin pick.

2. ferg508 - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Can anyone actually be happy about the outcome of that game? Yeah, I know, Romo = Orton, blah blah blah but we got fucking dominated. Bring on the Saints I guess

• Andrew Kulp - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Huh? Dominated? I realize it was probably closer than some people like, but where do you get dominated?

• sfsu - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Yeah I think Eagles fans can be happy after that game

• ferg508 - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Ok I am happy, call it an over reaction from the near heart attack I just had – but after a week of talking about “the eagles won’t overlook this game like MIN, etc” Dallas came to play and we didn’t, I have a hard time being convinced otherwise. The first half turnovers were the lucky bounce variety and they saved our bacon, barely. Free steak dinners for life for Mychal Kendricks

• Bob - Dec 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

The Eagles didn’t come to play? THEY WON THE GAME. Forced turnovers and when a drive was needed they executed. That is winning football.

• nyphilsphan - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

It was a win and you’re in game. Dallas is a very talented football team and Kyle Orton isn’t your average backup QB.

We didn’t score a TD last time we played them and their D line has our number. Think about how you would have felt about this win after the last Dallas game…

• David - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

This seemed more like the cowboys playing up to the competition than the eagles regressing, although it was definitely some of both.

• Old Middy - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

He’ll yes I can be happy. Wasn’t pretty but a win is a win. If you had told me at the beginning of the year that the Birds would beat the Cowboys in the last game of the year to win the NFC East and host a playoff game I’d have told you that you were crazy. Take a deep breath and enjoy this…

• willh888 - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

retard Eli wins a game and he’s a legend. Slash Face Brees wins a game and he’s a surgeon. Eagles win a game and dummies everywhere say HUH? Birds gotta win these scrapper games, that’s what real teams do.

3. 2sentz - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Exactly enough big plays to take care of biz. Outstanding.

4. Matt S. - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

And exhale…

5. Mark432 - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Look I didn’t know (or think) Foles was going to be “the guy” but where are you idiot Vick defenders who were adamant he was a leader and the QB for the Eagles?

• autofill - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

For just one night, can we not look for a reason to argue over things that don’t matter? Stop being negative. We are the NFC east champs and we’re going to the playoffs! And we did it with CHUNG!! I don’t even care how weak the division is. STOP COMPLAINING AND BE HAPPY!!

• ferg508 - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I already conceded my first post was not well thought out but I am looking for a personal record in thumbs down anyway I guess… And you are right I should just be happy. It’s hard to break old habits. Next time I will just write something like “yay we won, hooray”. Hopefully the eagles will count their lucky chickens or something and give Foles a little more time next week, he hung in there great.

6. aswift5648 - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM

What an incredible season this has been for the Eagles so far. Just incredible. So freaking pumped.

7. yishmeister - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

How do the Cowboys get called for only penalty in that game?!?! Blatant holding on pretty much all of Murray’s big runs and an obvious defensive hold and personal foul not called on the play ran right before the two min warning.

I am glad and proud of this team to overcome the NFL and the ref’s shadiness but this bullshit needs to stop.

• 2sentz - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Yea they REALLY let them play tonight. Lot of guys on both sides could have been flagged for holding.

How about that 2nd qtr set of 4 iso replays after Fole’s grounding where every Eagles receiver was being held? Never saw that before. But we chipped Bryant a bit as well. I’m relieved more than anything….refs could have really f*cked us.

8. Marvin Monroe - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

JYYYAAAAAA!!!!

Screw you Collingsworth!

Screw you Jerry!

Eagles fans, wake up feeling like a king!

9. willh888 - Dec 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I’m always excited for the playoffs so I no longer have to hear about the god damn cowboys

10. BenE. - Dec 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Great season by the Eagles. They had all the right players give a lot of effort this season to gut out a division title. Let’s not forget they were 3-5 at one point, and we were grumbling about having a lot more holes on the team than we thought after Week 1. But they plugged those holes, buckled down, got a great defensive effort and also put together one of the best offensive stretches of Eagles football we’ve ever seen. And how fitting that, during the 7-1 run to end the season, the defense doesn’t give up more than 21 points in a game until tonight? But they got the last stop they needed, with a little help from Kyle Orton.

I don’t necessarily expect we’ll beat New Orleans, let alone anyone else en route to a Super Bowl, but I’m just saying…all you need to do is get INTO the playoffs. Ask Eli Manning how he got his second Super Bowl ring. Hell, even his first one. Enjoy the run. Let’s all get fucked up Saturday.

• Franchise - Dec 30, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Are you forgetting the Minnesota debacle?

11. Franchise - Dec 30, 2013 at 4:13 AM

I’ll be at the game next Saturday and win or lose we have to give our birds a standing ovation. 10-6 and division champs in what was supposed to be a “rebuilding” year is great. Nobody expected a division championship so we’re playing with house money at this point but u I don’t think the ride is stoping. So let’s soak it in and enjoy what the future holds. We got chips (Kelly) and dip (McCoy for his obvious cuts and stopping on a dime) to lead this offense for the next decade, so let’s sit back and watch the magic unfold

12. erzug - Dec 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

On the plus side for Dallas, I heard that Jason Garrett’s wink and head nod were voted the best in the NFC. He seems so even-tempered and smiles when greeting the opposing coach after a loss. How many coaches in this league do that? I guess JJ likes him because he can be easily controlled by the owner/GM/assistant head coach. No Shanahan, Parcels, or the like for him.

Also, I shudder to think what might have been had their best defensive player, Sean Lee, not been sidelined. He was a human wrecking ball in the first game. I liken it to our not having Mychal Kendricks on the field…who might have been our most valuable defensive player last night.

13. George Knox - Dec 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM

This entire season reminds me of a 1990s Disney Movie! The Little Giants, Mighty Ducks, Angels in the Outfield, etc. all rolled into a Philadelphia Cheesesteak!