Jan 3, 2005, 1:54 PM EDT
WSJ: Daily Fix:
Between the Phillies’ near-miss of the playoffs, the Sixers’ continued mediocrity and the Eagles’ getting outscored by opponents a year removed from a Super Bowl experience, it’s been a trying year for Philadelphia fans. The Inquirer’s Ashley Fox adds these explosive questions to the mix: Is Eagles receiver Terrell Owens saying he’s likely to miss Sunday’s game because he’s hurt, or "Is Owens dogging it to prove the point that the Eagles can’t live without him? Is he making a power play, when the team can least afford one, in his ongoing quest for an improved contract?" Click through, and you’ll find that this isn’t just idle speculation.
I’ve come to expect the worst and hope for the best so nothing really seems to upset me anymore.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money