Mar 19, 2011, 12:38 AM EDT
If you've ever been to Basketball-Reference.com, you may already be familiar with the NBA Elo Player Rater. Described as "a community-based project with the goal of rating the best players in NBA history," each visit to this site produces two randomly generated names that meet a certain criteria, and puts their most pertinent statistics side-by-side. The reader chooses who is better, the results counting toward ranking… well, everybody I suppose.
Or you could just ask some people on Yahoo! Answers.
While Samuel Dalembert gets the majority of the votes, his Sacramento Kings were throttled by the 76ers on Friday night, 102-80. Seriously, the reserves got some good minutes.
As for the question, Dalmebert is a great defensive player with natural athletic ability that Spencer Hawes frankly will never have. However, as somebody who was not thrilled with the trade when it was made, I must say while it is tempting to imagine Sammy in a Sixers uniform right now, I'm not entirely sure he "fits."
Or as one responder put it, "That's like asking which one is better, A paper cut or bee sting."
|Gerald on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Brian on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|willh888 on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|clubberlangphila on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money