Apr 11, 2007, 1:49 PM EDT
The NFL has announced the 2007 schedule, so it’s time to start planning those Eagles road trips. Right off the bat we have a winner at Lambeau. Since it’s in September, the Tundra won’t be frozen yet, and Simmons tells us we should all see this place at least once. Other than that, the New Orleans road trip will be a tough sell to the family, since it’s December 23rd, but New England on November 25th could be a good second choice. The NFL showed the Birds some prime time love, with
two one MNF (Update: the schedule says Monday for Dec. 2, but it’s a Sunday; now I feel robbed) and three games on Sunday nights.
As far as the actual schedule goes, it doesn’t look too bad. Of course, we were all wrong about the easy front end and impossible back end last year, but it’s in our nature to speculate on such things. The first three games should be wins, which is good, considering the Birds may be without McNabb to start the season; we’re still not sure. The Tiki-less Giants are looking like they may even be worse than last year, but game 4 is at their house, so it’s a toss-up. Week 5 is way too early for a Bye week, so that sucks like having 3rd period lunch.
I’d say the middle of the season, despite having some tough matchups, isn’t bad, because Chicago, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle are all tough places to play, and they’re all home games. The Jets could be tough in week 6 though. At New Orleans in late December will obviously be tough, especially if they still have the voodoo going from last year, but hosting Buffalo will be a nice day to rest the starters. That’s right, I said it.
I think they win the division at 10-6. What do you predict?
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money