Apr 15, 2008, 2:17 PM EDT
The NFL has released its 2008 schedule, and the Eagles are set to fly with some interesting prime-time and holiday matchups. Let the bird-related Thanksgiving clichés fly!
Week 1: Rams @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 2: Eagles @ Cowboys, Monday Night Football
Week 3: Steelers @ Eagles, 4:15PM
Week 4: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday Night Football
Week 5: Redskins @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 6: Eagles @ 49ers, 4:15PM
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Falcons @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 9: Eagles @ Seahawks, 4:15PM
Week 10: Giants @ Eagles, Sunday Night Football
Week 11: Eagles @ Bengals, 1PM
Week 12: Eagles @ Ravens, 1PM
Week 13: Cardinals @ Eagles, 8PM Thanksgiving Night
Week 14: Eagles @ Giants, 1PM
Week 15: Browns @ Eagles, Monday Night Football
Week 16: Eagles @ Redskins, 1PM
Week 17: Cowboys @ Eagles, 1PM
The Eagles provide their commentary on each game of the schedule here and here, and we’re sure you’ll have plenty to say as well. I’ve already gotten an IM saying the Week 17 game could be huge, and another saying it could be meaningless. The December showdown with the ‘Boys was more than memorable last year, so we’re guessing it will be a huge game whether or not it has playoff implications.
No team in the NFC East will have an easy schedule, with each team looking to be fairly dangerous again this year. Anything better than a split with each team would be welcomed after finishing last in the division in 2007. The early showdown with the Cowboys could be a great way to get the season started with a defining win, but not if the Birds come out of the gate like they did last year. A few of the non-division games look to be easy, but we’ve seen the folly of making schedule judgments in April. The Rams, Falcons, and 49ers all had forgettable 2007 campaigns, as did the Ravens and to a lesser degree, the Cardinals. Those weeks should all have W’s next to them when all is said and done, but don’t the Eagles just love to make it interesting by losing a few easy ones?
The AFC North teams were hit or miss in 2007. The Bengals and Browns showed they could score in bunches, but gave up a ton of points and some wins in the process. The Steelers in Week 3 will be another test, and right on the heels of the early game against Dallas on MNF.
Based on your schedule, what are your predictions for the Eagles record in 2008? Key wins and losses? Away game road trips?
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return