May 3, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
Chris Wheeler is obviously not the best broadcaster in the biz (that’d be the “Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy”), but he’s also not the worst (that’d be Tim McCarver). He’s just Chris Wheeler. Just plain ole, normal, not that interesting, perfectly fine, whatever, he’s a white dude, Chris Wheeler.
And it’s not like we expect the Phillies to hire the greatest commentators in the country, but we do at least expect them to employ the greatest Chris Wheeler. So I figured why not do some internet sleuthing to see how the Phillies’ Chris Wheeler stacked up against other Chris Wheelers.
Feb 18, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
There are two types of people in this world: those who enjoy life, and those who enjoy sweatpants. Luckily for you, I prefer the latter, and spent my entire Saturday night on my couch, knuckle deep in a bag of Doritos, watching every minute of the NBA’s annual semi-interesting, kind of lame, sort of amazing,…
Feb 3, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Hey SPORTS FAN, you think you’re ready for THE BIG GAME? You’ve got chili on the stove, a full pack of Imodium, and the Puppy Bowl on DVR, but WHO YA GONNA ROOT FOR? You GOTTA root for someone. You can’t not ROOT. This is AMERICA. The land where puppies play FOOTBALL!
It’s tough with these two teams — there’s no clear underdog and there’s no downright villain. Frank Gore is a G, but Jim Harbaugh is a tweedle. Ray Rice is a bowling ball, but Ray Lewis is a dork. B-More killed Stringer Bell, but San Fran birthed Uncle Joey. In the NFL, in tight situations like this, it all comes down to special teams, which is why I’m picking my squad based on punters.
You might be thinking, “Punters? Punters? We sittin’ here, I’m supposed to be the franchise playa, and we in here talkin’ bout punters?”
Jan 24, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
So you wanna be a baller.
You’ve got a dope haircut, some fresh sneaks and a $400-a-week cocaine habit, but do you have the one key attribute that certifies your P.I.M.P. status? No, I’m not talking about cocaine, you have the cocaine, you have plenty of cocaine – and I’m not talking about “power” or “respect” or “swag” or any of that dumb stuff that doesn’t really mean anything – I’m talking about a jersey, an authentic NBA jersey. Didn’t you read the title of this post? It’s not like it should be a surprise, this article is gonna be about jerseys, all about jerseys. It’s right up top in huge bold print. Geez.
For a long time now, ever since Grant Hill was collecting an NBA paycheck, authentic jerseys have been the official #1 status symbol in the hip-hop world. From rappers to hustlas to Jewish kids on the Main Line, anyone who’s anyone has rocked a jersey. Check out this incredibly cool dude stuntin’ in his 1988 Portland Trailblazers’ Clyde Drex.
Jan 2, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
The New Year is all about reflecting on the past, looking forward to the future, and according to my wife: not shaving your legs until mid March/early April. So seeing that this is the time for Best Of columns (and because I couldn’t think of a decent thread for this post), here are my Year-End…
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Jon on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|TS on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages