Aug 26, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
Chase Utley’s walkoff walk made for a uniquely exciting ending to Friday’s Phillies game in South Philadelphia but the night started off a bit wilder.
We mentioned on Friday afternoon that none other than Mitch Williams would be throwing out the first pitch and it’s safe to say he lived up to his “Wild Thing” nickname. Williams delivered some heat to a makeshift catcher, the Phillie Phanatic. In defense of Williams, a catcher with a modicum of skill probably would have stopped the pitch.
You can watch the wild pitch above.
[Check out the Phils in their 90s retro attire below. Jimmy's socks own.]
By all accounts, 90s Retro Night seemed like a success. Thanks to Big League Stew for alerting us to the Williams getting wild and also pointing us towards the below video which shows some of the highlights from the festive evening.
In less fun retro news, John Kruk had to leave the ESPN booth last night but the quick scare was apparently just some dizziness and dehydration.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money