Oct 2, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Hey guys! The MLB postseason started in earnest last night. (Game 163 between the Rays and Rangers doesn’t count, since you can still use it to pad your regular season stats, for reasons I will never understand.) The Pirates beat the Reds in the Wild Card game, and good for them, having not played in October in 21 years and all. It’s enough to get you excited about playoff baseball, even if the Phillies are already off hunting and rehabbing and such.
Well, until you remember the two members of the 2013 Phillies who will be participating in this year’s postseason–the Young twins Michael and Delmon, both of whom ended up on contending teams and are, somewhat remarkably, still being used in key roles on their respective squads. Michael was jettisoned to the Dodgers, where he hit .314 for them in a little over 20 games in an infield utility role, while Delmon latched on with the Rays, where he became their regular DH and posted a very respectable .780 OPS in 70 plate appearances.
You may recall that I was not a very big fan of the Young twins during their time in Philadelphia, but I had hoped that their respective, long-overdue dismissals would be the end of the heartburn they caused me during the 2013 baseball season. Not so, as seeing these two miscreants mucking up my postseason action and being reminded of endless misplayed flies, baserunning gaffes and double play grounders will surely have me reaching for the TUMS in no time.
The Rays play their Wild Card entry game tonight against the Indians, while the Dodgers kick off their NLDS series against the Braves tomorrow night. Go Cleveland.
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages