Jun 25, 2013, 12:09 PM EST
Boy, Monday was a wacky day for the Philadelphia 76ers, wasn’t it?
Their CEO was maybe fired. Then he wasn’t. Then he was tweeting and comparing himself to Mark Twain. What a day.
But Monday wouldn’t have been complete without an Andrew Bynum update, which we got via his agent who spoke with Dan Gelston of the Associated Press.
Bynum’s agent, David Lee, told The Associated Press on Monday night there’s “not a concern in the world” that Bynum will be ready for training camp.
He also said he had no conversations with the Sixers and does not expect any kind of deal with the team before the 7-foot center becomes a free agent on July 1.
Hinkie’s playing hard to get.
Gelston also got Lee to comment on Hinkie’s intro presser statement about Bynum being just another guy among the thousands of players looking for a job in the NBA.
“I read that Sam considers Andrew one of 3,000 players trying to make it into the NBA,” Lee said. “I assume Sam’s going to lunch with 3,000 people.”
Not bad. Not bad at all, agent guy.
Sam Hinkie really, really needs a healthy Andrew Bynum to sign a non-outrageous deal in Philly. But he’s got to play it cool.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages