Jun 25, 2013, 12:09 PM EST
Boy, Monday was a wacky day for the Philadelphia 76ers, wasn’t it?
Their CEO was maybe fired. Then he wasn’t. Then he was tweeting and comparing himself to Mark Twain. What a day.
But Monday wouldn’t have been complete without an Andrew Bynum update, which we got via his agent who spoke with Dan Gelston of the Associated Press.
Bynum’s agent, David Lee, told The Associated Press on Monday night there’s “not a concern in the world” that Bynum will be ready for training camp.
He also said he had no conversations with the Sixers and does not expect any kind of deal with the team before the 7-foot center becomes a free agent on July 1.
Hinkie’s playing hard to get.
Gelston also got Lee to comment on Hinkie’s intro presser statement about Bynum being just another guy among the thousands of players looking for a job in the NBA.
“I read that Sam considers Andrew one of 3,000 players trying to make it into the NBA,” Lee said. “I assume Sam’s going to lunch with 3,000 people.”
Not bad. Not bad at all, agent guy.
Sam Hinkie really, really needs a healthy Andrew Bynum to sign a non-outrageous deal in Philly. But he’s got to play it cool.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return