Aug 2, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
The Phillies suffered another ugly loss on Thursday night because Jonathan Papelbon did something Brad Lidge didn’t do in the entire 2008 season: blow a save.
Lidge was in Philadelphia yesterday to sign a one-day contract and officially retire as a member of the Phillies. In perhaps the best moment of the evening, after showing a brief montage of the 2008 World Series-clinching strikeout of Eric Hinske as called by the legendary Harry Kalas, Lidge came out from the bullpen one last time and made his way to the mound to throw out the ceremonial first pitch to none other than Carlos Ruiz. It was a pretty special moment.
Then the game started.
You can watch Lidge trot out from the pen last night here. And he talks about retirement below.
|Adam B on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages