Aug 16, 2013, 3:27 PM EST
“I never quit nothing and I did not resign,” Charlie Manuel said at his final press conference in Philadelphia today.
It was pretty clear after watching today’s press conference that Charlie was fired by Ruben Amaro Jr. and the organization. Charlie was informed of the news prior to Wednesday night’s game but still managed the team to a 6-3 loss in Atlanta.
“The decision definitely came from our organization but at the same time I definitely wanted to put my team and the Philadelphia Phillies above myself. And I mean that,” Manuel said.
Perhaps the most dusty the room got was when Charlie was asked about putting the Phillies uniform on for the final time.
“I loved putting that uniform on. I would have wore it over here today if I could,” he said with a smile.
|Negativo on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|solidsender on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|Sarah Baine on Terrell Owens Is Bowling, but…|
|Sarah Baine on The Evster weighs in on hip, t…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages