Aug 16, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
“I never quit nothing and I did not resign,” Charlie Manuel said at his final press conference in Philadelphia today.
It was pretty clear after watching today’s press conference that Charlie was fired by Ruben Amaro Jr. and the organization. Charlie was informed of the news prior to Wednesday night’s game but still managed the team to a 6-3 loss in Atlanta.
“The decision definitely came from our organization but at the same time I definitely wanted to put my team and the Philadelphia Phillies above myself. And I mean that,” Manuel said.
Perhaps the most dusty the room got was when Charlie was asked about putting the Phillies uniform on for the final time.
“I loved putting that uniform on. I would have wore it over here today if I could,” he said with a smile.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return