May 19, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
Cliff Lee’s base-running blunder in the bottom of the ninth inning on Sunday could have cost the Phillies the game. It didn’t. And Erik Kratz and Freddy Galvis got Lee off the hook by bashing back-to-back home runs off of Aroldis Champman to propel the Phils to a series victory.
Lee was visibly pissed at himself after making the bone-headed mistake. After the game, however, his t-shirt sent a different message. According to CSN’s John Finger, Cliff’s t-shirt read:
“Don’t worry, be Charlie.”
That sounds like great advice.
Update: You can get the t-shirt here.
And Charlie Manuel had a good laugh at Lee’s expense as you can see in the video below. Cholly was sure to point out that “it’s not really funny” though while everyone giggled.
Ahhh, life is so much better when you win.
Cliff Lee was wearing a t-shirt that read, “Don’t worry, be Charlie.” Always sound advice.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) May 19, 2013
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages