Aug 3, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
Even though they got spanked again 6-4 by the Atlanta Braves on Friday night, it must have been a cool game to attend. The Phillies held their annual alumni night and welcomed Curt Schilling into the Wall of Fame, but the man who stole the show was Darren Daulton.
It was Daulton’s first major public appearance since undergoing brain surgery roughly one month ago, and it was very uplifting to see him walk out of that dugout, wave to the fans, even just hearing him speak to the media. Dutch talked a bit about how Philadelphia is home, which is good, but he could’ve been praising Mr. Met while wearing a Ryan Braun jersey and doing the tomahawk chop and we still would have been happy to see him.
As for the actual game, Ethan Martin was effectively wild for the first few innings of his Major League debut, but the Braves quickly caught up to the 24-year-old right-hander. Martin was only able to last 4.1 innings, surrendering all six runs on eight hits, earning the loss in the process. Better luck next time, kid.
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages