Jun 1, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Hey, know who we like talking about? Domonic Brown. Because even when the Phillies lose to a lousy team like the Brewers, that guy gives us a reason to watch, belting two more home runs to bump his total to 12 for the month of May.
Know who else has hit at least 12 home runs in a single month at 25-years-old or younger in the last 20 seasons? You should. It’s a pretty good list.
Corey Seidman Tweeted this out on Friday shortly after Dom hit his seventh bomb in seven days. Needless to say, it caught our attention.
25 or younger w/ 12-HR month last 20 yrs: Griffey, A-Rod, Vlad, Dunn, Pujols, Beltre, Tex, Prince, Tulo, Bruce, Stanton, J. Upton & DomBrown
— Corey Seidman (@CoreySeidman) June 1, 2013
What do all of those players have in common (besides the obvious hitting 12 HR in a month at or under the age of 25)? Two things. First of all, they’ve all been named All Stars, something Brown is going to be a lock for if his production keeps up anywhere near this pace.
Second, they’re pretty much all power hitters. The guys who have done this continued to be among the league leaders in home runs for many years. In other words, if he is like all of these guys – and he’s being bunched in with them here – this fireworks display has been anything but a fluke.
This is just how Dom Brown rolls.
Brown may have completed the month of May without drawing a single walk, but he batted .303, slugged .688, and had an impressive .991 OPS. And the Phillies may have dropped to three games below .500, but thanks to some Domonation, they haven’t completely lost us yet.
Of course, if they can’t get something going on this stretch, they might. After all, Brown is due to slump eventually.
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages